The Big Clip
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Big Clip (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and D.C.) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of General Mills Sales, Inc., Albertson's LLC, Avery Dennison Office Product Company, B&R Stores Inc., Balls Food Stores, Inc., BI-LO, LLC, Brookshire Grocery Co., HAC, Inc., Harris Teeter, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Global Sales, LLC, Nestlé U.S.A., Inc., Pactiv Corporation, S.C. Johnson & Sons, Inc., Strack and Van Til, Town & Country, Ultra Foods, Wakefern Food Corporation, ePrize, LLC, and their respective parents, affiliated companies, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s, and prize-winning school, full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55440. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: This Sweepstakes begins on June 30, 2009 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on October 31, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.thebigclip.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid home address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted), and the Box Tops For Education enrolled participating school (the "School") you would like to elect to win a prize. The School you elected will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time per day during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed the registrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Drawing and Awarding of Prizes: Drawing will be held on or about November 2, 2009 from all eligible entries received. The potential winning Schools will be notified by mail, e-mail or phone. Winning schools and submitters of winning entries will be posted on the Box Tops For Education website at www.boxtops4education.com after November 13, 2009.
In the event that a potential winning School is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select an alternate winning School by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. At least five (5) alternate drawings will be held after which the prize may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, remain un-awarded. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor shall use best efforts to award all prizes listed in these official rules.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: 500,000 Bonus Box Tops. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $50,000. TWO (2) FIRST PRIZES: 250,000 Bonus Box Tops. ARV: $25,000. Individuals cannot redeem bonus box tops certificate for cash. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, if applicable. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Total ARV of all Prizes: $100,000.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Albertson's LLC, Avery Dennison Office Product Company, B&R Stores Inc., Balls Food Stores, Inc., BI-LO, LLC, Brookshire Grocery Co., HAC, Inc., Harris Teeter, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Global Sales, LLC, Nestlé U.S.A., Inc., Pactiv Corporation, S.C. Johnson & Sons, Inc., Strack and Van Til, Town & Country, Ultra Foods, Wakefern Food Corporation, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in this Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor's and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, viruses, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry or registration information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, delayed transmissions, or disconnections in telephone or other communications network or lines, failures of Internet service providers, or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, downloading or printing of any materials relating to this Sweepstakes, or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, by entering, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than March 2, 2010. For the Winner List, send an e-mail with subject line: "The Big Clip National Sweepstakes, Winner List Request," to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.
© 2009 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.